Here is a new segment of posts on Bruinslife for you early commuters and early rising Bruins fans. A recap of any Bruins news from the day before as well as news from around the NHL. Coffee and hockey? Can't get much better than that.
- With the draft over the Bruins are on to Free Agency. The Bruins have their own free agents they will have to re-sign during the off season like Krug and Bartkowski.
- According to reports the Minnesota Wild are interested in Jarome Iginla. They have plenty of cap space to sign him.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning are having a bit of a trade frenzy and last night moved Teddy Purcell for Sam Gagner. But it didn't stop there. Tampa then dumped the young talented center and BJ Crombeen on the Coyotes for a 6th round pick. - Today Tampa Bay made another move sending forward Nate Thompson to Anaheim for a fourth and a seventh round pick.
- According to James O'Brien of ProHockeyTalk, the Vancouver Canucks are courting Ryan Miller and he has apparently been "woo'd". You go Jim Benning.
- If Swedish offensive defensiveman Anton Stralman leaves the New York Rangers, the back up plan is New Jersey Devils defenseman Mark Fayne.
- Joe Yerdon has reported that James Reimer wants to be traded. There are plenty of teams out there looking for solid goal tending.
- Vanek met with the Wild (who have about 19 million dollars in cap room!!!) and Minnesota is now a possible destination for the Bruins killer.
- The Panthers have put Ed Jovanovski on waivers to be bought out. A smart move by the Panthers.
- The Buffalo Sabres used their last compliance buyout on defenseman Christian Ehroff who signed a 10 year 40 million dollar deal in 2011. The Sabres will have to pay him 12 million dollars until 2027-2028.
- The new named Arizona Coyotes will have a new look as they plan to let most of their UFA's walk.