Well, a lot more has happened in the NHL since the first day of free agency. The key to signing anyone this off season appears to be to overpay astronomically. The contracts handed out yesterday weren't nearly as bad as the first day, but the Bruins did lose their chance of signing Vrbata.
- The Boston Bruins will be looking to move a defenseman after Chiarelli came out and said that Warsofsky is NHL ready and that the Bruins now have too many defenseman.
- Radim Vrbata signed with the Canucks. The Bruins were supposedly the front runner for Vrbata but Benning pulled out the rug from the Bruins. Is Heatley the answer? NHL News:
- Chuck Kobasew followed the path of great players like Chris Bourque and Peter Mueller (sarcasm) and signed with a team in Switzerland.
- Speaking of Chris Bourque, the son of Bruin legend Ray Bourque, has signed a deal with the New York Rangers.
- Former Flyer Steve Downie signed a 1 year $1 million dollar deal with the Pittsburgh Penguins. It's Downie's third team in two years.
- Kyle Cumiskey returned to the NHL from the Swedish Elite League and signed with the Chicago Blackhawks.
- The Nashville Predators signed center Olli Jokinen to a 1 year $2.5 million dollar deal.
- The San Jose Sharks signed John Scott to a 1 year deal worth $700,000 dollars. With Raffi Torres and John Scott on the same team the world is no longer safe.
- Both Grabovski and Kulemin signed four year deals with the New York Islanders. The two are best friends and will probably play together on the Isles.
- The Hurricanes signed Jay McClement to a 1 year $1 million dollar deal.